TEETH CLEANING BY A DENTAL HYGIENIST
Here at Hawthorn Road Family Dental, your oral hygiene is important to us. That’s why we offer a wide range of general dentistry services and broader oral hygiene solutions. Whether you need root canal treatments, wisdom teeth extractions, or just a general check-up, we can help you.
To maintain proper oral hygiene at home, we recommend following a range of simple steps. By forming strong habits, you will make your life easier and create a healthier smile overall.
We recommend brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once a day. As well as this, we also recommend biannual dental visits so that we can identify and resolve any concerns. Usually, a general dentist check-up will include scaling, polishing and a proper examination.
Tips for brushing your teeth
- Brush twice a day – once after breakfast and once before bed. Did you know that sleeping decreases your saliva, making your teeth more vulnerable to bacterial acids?
- Don’t brush too hard – brushing too hard can cause your gums to recede, so make sure you choose a medium or soft bristle head.
- Brush for at least two minutes – time yourself to make sure.
- Change your toothbrush regularly – we recommend doing this every 2 to 3 months to avoid a build-up of bacteria.
Tips for flossing
Proper flossing is important to remove plaque and food particles under your gum line and between your teeth. Plaque can lead to tooth decay and gum disease, which is why flossing daily is very important:
- Use about 18 inches of floss – wind most of it around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two to work with.
- Hold the floss tautly between your thumbs and index fingers – slide it gently up and down between two teeth.
- Gently curve the floss around the base of each tooth – try to go beneath the gum line without snapping or forcing the floss, as you don’t want to cut or bruise gum tissue.
- Use clean sections of floss to move from tooth to tooth.
- Use the same back and forth motion to remove the floss.
Make an Appointment now
© Hawthorn Road Family Dental Clinic | WebResourcesCompany